Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Luke 8:17



I sit, looking out my window, at a heavy blanket of snow. The grass and bushes are covered. My footprints from last night's walk are nowhere to be seen.
As I ponder this verse, the metaphor is not lost on me. How often do I try to cover up my mistakes, my earthly, fleshly desires? I think I do a good job hiding them, keeping them under wraps. For a while I do. Invariably those things I have tried to hide from myself and others are revealed. The longer I deny them, the deeper they embed themselves into the depths of my being.
I am thankful to know that nothing is truly hidden from God. I can deceive myself but in His tender mercy, He brings them to light again so that I have the opportunity to be truly healed. As we step closer to the season of Lent, I cannot help but wonder what incredible things the Lord has in store for me. I cannot help but wonder what things He is calling, in His tender mercy, for you to be healed from as well. I believe we all need healing of some sort.
It is not Lent on the church's liturgical calendar yet, but I feel I am being led into a time of reflection, confession, and healing now. God didn't make our calendar, all things are done in His time.  The blanket of snow will melt in my yard.  The grass and bushes will be revealed and so will all things I have hidden.  It is His will and I am ready.
All glory, laud, and honor to my Redeemer and King!


No comments:

Post a Comment