Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hosea 2:14 “Therefore, I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her.”

Ah, the wilderness.  When I was a child I was a little afraid of the wilderness and still, I would not want to get lost out in the middle of nowhere, but the wilderness can be a place of healing and renewal.  It can be a place of retreat and realignment.  I can still picture sitting in a canyon in New Mexico praying and following a ritual of release.  I went on a personal retreat years ago, a step in my faith journey I haven’t thought about in so long.  This verse in Hosea brings thoughts of love and peace to my heart.  Stepping away from the madness of the world with my deepest love for a time of one-on-one devotion, what could be better?  The reality is that scheduling that time is difficult at best.  Life gets in the way, kids need school, spouse has work, bills need to be paid, and obligations need to be met.  Knowing that I cannot step into the wilderness with the Lord for a length of time, I cherish the morning moments I have with Him.  It is a small oasis in the clutter of life.  I encourage you to go into the wilderness, feel His allure and follow Him.  He leads you out so you can hear His words of tenderness.

Lord,
What a blessing your love is.  No matter what we have done, no matter who we are, you love us.  Create opportunity in our lives to step into the wilderness with you.  Open our ears to hear your alluring call and move us to follow.  I pray each of us would be blessed through time alone with you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment